Sunday, January 06, 2002

January 1-6, 2002

Archived update from Cigarettes & Coffee, run by Greg Mariotti & CJ Wallis from 1999-2005

I wanted to wish Paul a Happy 32nd Birthday this week! As you know, PTA was born on January 1, 1970 in Studio City, CA. Here's to a healthy & happy 2002.
Remember that Ricky Jay appearance in San Francisco in early December? Here's a recap of the event from site reader Michael Alessandro:
Just a note to let you know I saw Ricky Jay last night, interviewed by Michael Chabon and it was a great evening. Michael seemed to truly be a Ricky Jay aficionado and fan, they talked much about Jays Journal of Anomalies (Ricky's new book - a compilation of his short magazines, which is fabulous!) and some of his film work.
At the end of the chat, before questions from the audience Ricky Jay consented to perform a poem written for him by Shel Silverstein before he passed, it's to be part of his new show. It was truly delightful, a story of a hustler (Jay) challenged to an honest game of cards in a room with no windows, and a door locked from the outside, and a table of glass, the men wear no rings, no items in which to mark the cards, so he says yes to this "honest" game, and when he wins through skill his challenger pulls a knife at which Ricky throws a card twenty feet across the heads of the audience hitting the balconies edge and "disarms" assailant, at which the man says he'll use his bear hands and Ricky Jay then shoots another card across the opposite wall with equal force "cutting the hand" from the man, at which the man pulls a gun and Ricky sends a card right between his eyes.
It was a wonderful cap to the evening, and a great poem. Ricky Jay took some questions from the audience, was generous in his responses and then signed books after. I had him sign my worn copy of "Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women" and then chatted with him for a few moments about the film I directed "Smoke & Mirrors" which he and PT were a great inspiration for. He was very nice, and I was grateful for this time. (Not to slight Chabon - who gave a wonderful interview and was also a pleasant guy)
M. Night Shyamalan mentions how much he loves Boogie Nights in an interview that was conducted by Creative Screenwriting Magazine with the writer/director of the "Sixth Sense" You can check it out here. (Thanks Kurt!)
I will return with a new site feature entitled "PTA Influences" by site reader Bob Ellis. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this feature. You have a great site. And I have https://justdomyhomework.com/blog/plot-structure great site for you to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEALING WITH HERBALIST VALCHY NATURAL REMEDIES.....BEST NATURAL REMEDIES TO CURE HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS HSV1&2 WITH THE HELP OF HERBALIST VALCHY NATURAL HERBAL MEDICINE. It's a miracle that I am alive today. I encountered HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV1/2) for good four (4) years, before I met the great Herbalist Valchy. I am  from New Jersey, United State of America and I was infected with the herpes virus. Herpes is a viral infection caused by the Herpes simplex virus, marked by painful, watery blisters in the skin or mucous membrane or on the genitals. This was what I suffered for good four years. I have visited CVS Pharmacy in Fresno for treatment but no improvement. I met Herbalist Valchy online while I was searching for herpes cure. I read a testimony about his work. I give it a try that now becomes a testimony in my life that I am now fully cured. kindly contacted Herbalist Valchy via his Email: herbalistvalchynaturalremedies@gmail.com or Whatsapp +2347036769718 for more Information Visit his website https://herbalistvalchynaturalremedies.simdif.com/  

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so Happy to write this article because I know it will help a lot of people who are suffering from Herpes. I am here to testify about the wonderful and most safe cure for herpes . I was positive to the deadly Virus called herpes and I lost hope completely because I was rejected even by my closest friends. I searched online to know and inquire about a cure for herpes and I saw testimony online on how Herbalist Valchy cured so many people from Herpes virus and other similar diseases. I decided to contact the great herbalist because I know that nature has the power to heal everything. I contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural roots and herbs. After 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure is ready and he sent it to me via UPS and it got to me after 4 days. I used the medicine as he instructed (morning and evening ) and I got cured. it's really like a dream but I'm so happy that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more people can be saved just like me and if you need his help, contact him via Email: herbalistvalchynaturalremedies@gmail.com or WhatsApp:+2347036769718 reachout to his website https://herbalistvalchynaturalremedies.simdif.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a chance to visit woocommerce customization and found some useful shortcodes.

    ReplyDelete